Sunday, 25 August 2013

Moments of Imagination

Start time: 4:15PM, now playing: Paper Knees by The Careful Ones (this one's super calming and quite addicting)

I told you I'd bring a much more interesting blog post. I found this gif set on Tumblr the other day and I thought I'd respond to it. They're basically words from different languages/places with definitions along them. They're very unique words and there probably isn't a word we could use a replacement in English so I thought it was really fantastic. I decided to write down the first thing I see or pops into my mind when I read the word and its definition. I love using my imagination! Here we go:

meraki: In this situation, I see something I love to do the most... paint, which my favourite music playing in the background. I'm on a balcony of a lovely, little white house in the woods and the sun has just risen. I'm wearing my fuzzy socks and I'm sitting on a nice homemade stool. Everything feels quite blissful as I watch the strokes of my brush on the canvas and blending the yellows, oranges, and reds of the autumn trees I'm painting that are standing in front of me. I've just finished the piece and now signing the canvas and I've never felt so happy in my life. :)
jayus: I see myself sitting in a small cafe across someone who could perhaps be the love of my life. We're just getting to know each other and we're playing this game where we have to make jokes in at least two minutes. They end up being "jayus-es" and we just laugh the entire morning away sipping on coffee and just understanding each other a little bit more after every jayus. Tehe.
komorebi: I'm laying down in an empty field with this gigantic tree perched in the middle. I'm laying down on my back reading a good book and I take my eyes off the page and see what is above me. The sunlight shines through and I just...sigh. Everything is so peaceful and I don't want anything to end. I go and run through the fields and twirl and see my polka dot dress makes a huge bubble and I just feel the sunlight on my skin and it's amazing.


mamihlapinatapei: It's a rainy day and I'm waiting at the bus post. I have no umbrella and neither does the lovely man standing by the bus shelter. Neither of us actually wait at the bus shelter and we can't help but glance at each other and wonder why we'd rather stand under the rain than stay warm and dry. We smile with our eyes and a smirk is created on our faces. We're both too afraid to say hi and as I see he's about to walk over, two different buses drive by and we're off on our own separate ways.  

cavoli riscaldati: It's been years since I last saw him. We never ended it well, nor did I realize it ever did end. We left each other with unanswered questions that are still out there until this day. Of course, we've both moved on. But I opened an old memory box and see a picture of us, before love was even part of the picture. I think... we're older now. We've got our lives under control, I hope... so maybe this time around it'll work? Behind the picture is a phone number he wrote years ago. Maybe it's the same number, so I dial and my heart stops when I hear a sweet "hello?" 

l'esprit de l'escalier:  I haven't opened up to anybody new in the last two years. I've always ended up having horrible endings to relationships because I cared too much. Guys were afraid of hurting me and seeing I was too delicate. I finally met somebody, but I'm not going to assume what comes out of this first date. He walks me to my front door and tells me so much about how he loved the past 6 hours of getting to know me. He wants to see me again. All I can say is that I'm very thankful for him and for today and I wish to see him again. He gives me a little forehead kiss and I walk into apartment, wave goodbye as he sits in the taxi, and I shut the door. I lean my back against the door and think, "I should've opened up too...I mean, he did. He did so much for me today and didn't even realize. That this is the most comfortable day I've had in the past two years, that today I've never smiled or laughed or felt warm in the longest time, that I'm scared. If he can tell me that... I should have. Now I feel I put him in my position of thinking he cares too much. Next time. Next time, I'll tell him."

fernweh: I've just come home from a long grocery shopping trip and I'm laying on my couch and the curtains are wide open and I see open fields. I think about what I should cook for dinner. Italian? And I see Venice outside my window and how I would love to have dinner on a gondola or something corny like that. Maybe I'll try escargot as I watch the twinkling Eiffel tower beneath a starry sky. Something Greek? I think of all the places that inspire me and how much I just want to visit them and it hurts that when I'm back to reality, I'm just staring at a field of grass. I just want to be up in an airplane, riding a cruise, feet in the sand, shoes on the gravel sidewalk, climbing buildings, and ultimately, exploring the world, experiencing it and trying new things. Maybe I'll just mac and cheese with mashed potatoes.

<3 Little  Mer

End time: 4:52PM

2 comments: