Monday, 19 August 2013

A Not So Little Update

Start time: 6:12PM, now playing: silence

My blogs haven't been as consistent as I wish they were because it's difficult typing on a cellular device when the screen keeps flickering. I also have no laptop, so I made a trip to the library today. I'm currently sitting at a computer named Smart, the one next to me is named Mayer. I love libraries. Since I don't have my own space at home yet (as I'm still living in with my sister's family as my new house is being built), I feel like the library's the only place I feel okay and safe and comfortable in. Thank goodness for the inventor of places where you can read and take out books/music/movies for free and the people trust us with that. It's pretty darn awesome. Anyways, I'm getting off track here. I'm typing as fast as I can because my father wants to use the computer too...but I mean, we have 3 hours until closing so yeah.

First, I'll just talk about the past few days and what I've been up to. I don't usually go out because 1) I live pretty far and there's not much to do when you're almost always alone. 2) I have no ways of transportation. The public transit is quite complicated when it comes to new neighbourhoods and can get a bit pricey. 3) My parents aren't really the gallivanting type. So this leads to me just staying at home trying not to be... bleh. I love staying at home sometimes, but that's when I plan out my days. Reading, writing, blogging, eating, watching television and films... etc. When it comes to reading I like reading a couple books at the same time because it fulfills what I'm craving to read. For example, love and romance, science fiction to horror, humour to inspirational. You know? Sometimes I like to write some poems, which are basically just random thoughts that pop up in my head which I put together. I usually keep these to myself. Then blogging. I'd be blogging a lot more if my laptop wasn't broken, but I'll hopefully be getting it back next week. I have a new mini composition book in which I use to make lists and ideas for what I should write about and such because I couldn't keep all of those ideas just stuck in my little head of mine. Kidding, my head is kinda big... As for eating, I try to make my meals/snacks a little more presentable since I have so much time on my hands...leading me to take countless photos of my beautiful creation. (Don't judge me). And for watching shows and films... I am very grateful for Netflix and dvd players. I watch a bunch of random shows and I'm usually into family films. Other than all that, I do try to get out of the house for walks and such. However, I'm very prone to getting bug bites and that's why I'm waiting for the weather to get cooler. At the moment I have around 8 mosquito bites and one that's literally the circumference of a baseball.

Wow, I wrote a lot. I really did miss writing down things about my life. The past weekend I've been to parties. Not the kind of drink too many shots and get wasted and have a hangover the next day party. I went to a 6 year old's party on Saturday and I supervised the children. My nephew had so much fun except for this rough kid who kept pushing him down and throwing spikey balls at my face. Why do children like seeing other people/things get hurt? Hmph! I remember back in grade 5, some of my friends would randomly burn ants with a magnifying glass... it was horrible. Anyways. I had ice cream cake and I was a pro bubble blower. I could seriously blow the best bubbles, the size of the kids' faces. I'm not exaggerating!  And then yesterday, which was Sunday, was one of my good friend and old neighbour's birthday. She's turning 18 and just like how it was for the past 10 years of knowing each other, it was just the two of us. We spent the night playing Lips, which is a singing video game. We created our own girl band and we sung Taylor Swift, Hilary Duff, Avril Lavigne and Maroon 5 all night! Don't forget the Spice Girls! It was a lot of good fun and that's the kind of fun I like. I'd rather star in a girl band than puke my guts out with a bunch of people I barely know. But that's just me. My friend lended me 8 new dvds, most of them are animated films. I watched two of them last night: The Croods and Wreck It Ralph. I'm a huge crying mess when it comes to animated films, I always find something to be emotional about and that's why I love them oh so dearly. It brings me back and it makes me feel like I was 5 except I've learned to appreciate them more.

Other than that I caught up with two old friends I knew since I was in elementary and it was really nice to talk to them again. One of them is a friend I knew since I was in grade 2 or 3 but he kept moving everywhere. He's a really funny guy and he never fails to make me laugh! He's really reassuring about me and my self esteem and confidence and it helps me a lot. So if you're reading this, thank you dude. Thanks for listening and also being able to tell me about your own life and all that crazy stuff. You're pretty awesome. Another friend I met in grade 7 or 8 and we just started talking yesterday and so far we've just been talking about farting dogs and dads and raccoons. He's hilarious. I haven't really been seeing anybody lately since I'm stuck at home. It's weird, seeing all your friends every day for 4 years and now not seeing them at all for 2 months. That's why I can't wait for university but that's a whole other story... Anyways, thanks for reading my... not so little update about life. You're pretty awesome too. *pat on the back*

<3 Little Mer

End time: 7:12PM

No comments:

Post a Comment