Tuesday, 13 August 2013

50 Facts - Part 1

Start time: 11:39PM, now playing: Transatlanticism by Death Cab for Cutie

Well hi again! You're still looking quite fantastic just like the last time. You've got a nice glow today! Since I just started this whole blogging thing, I decided it's only right to officially introduce myself. I'm still changing my blog around and adding a few links here and there but for now I'll keep it to the basic blog post itself. I've already made a Youtube video of 17 facts about me at 17 so here I'll try to think of other ones to share with you! 50 to be exact... (however it's getting kind of late so I'll post the first 20 facts)

1. The reason why I made my blog title "The Little Mer" is because my name is Merissa and apparently it means "princess of the sea" so I thought mermaid and I felt so clever with my play on words with The Little Mermaid...and I thought it was super duper cute.

2. I'm Filipino and a crazy array of other backgrounds. But a lot of people think I'm half Indonesian, Persian, Egyptian, Brazilian, etc... it's always something bizarre when people guess my background.

3. As crazy as it seems, I love horror movies. Even crazier, I usually giggle or laugh where others scream and cry. I'm not sure why but I always find something funny about the scary parts in horror films.

4. I'm terrified of growing up. And I mean TERRIFIED. I'm afraid I won't live my life to the fullest and I won't be happy in the future and my life will just end I wouldn't have done anything with it.

5. I have this gigantic, enormous, and wild passion for art, literature, culture and adventure. I really want to experience most of the world while I can and really embrace what the world has to offer. Some places I'm dying to go see are France, England, Ireland, Australia, Ibiza and Italy. It's my dream.

6. I have this extremely fat conscience and I'm pretty sure it's not a positive thing to possess. Even when many people have hurt me deeply in the past I can't find it in my heart to stay mad for more than a day, let alone a week. I don't want to waste moments being angry. Can't we just all say sorry and love each other and feed each other cookies?

7. This probably should have been my first fact if I wasn't over thinking for which facts to write about.... I LOVE ED SHEERAN. THAT'S THAT.

8. Every year I have a goal to read x amount of books. Last year I read about 50 - 75, this year I'm going to try 75.

9. I always start and end my days with tea and I love experimenting new ones. My favourites include Earl Gray, french vanilla green tea, regular green tea, peppermint tea and oolong! Oooo long!

10. As having photography as a little nitty hobby, I notice all the little details. From little freckles to the veins on leaves and the scratches on wood... everything. Usually I keep quiet about them and just admire them. A lot of people don't understand how special little details are but I'm glad I do!

11. I accidentally ate cow tongue once. My family tricked me. It was horrible. I cried.

12. I don't understand why people are so unnecessarily mean to each other. It really breaks my heart when others have this need to find something about another individual for them to pick on.

13. I'm the type to be friendly with many many people but keep a tight knit group of friends and I adore and love them so much for sticking around.

14. I'm a nature girl. I love everything about it and adore all the little things about it. I love cloud watching and taking hikes at 6 in the morning. Just me and nature, I love it.

15. I'm not a party person. I love quiet get togethers with my friends and family. It's very simple. I love having a good time. I'm not fond of getting wasted to the point I'm puking my guts. I love the innocent fun. It makes me appreciate life more. Beaches, fairs, amusement parks, the shopping mall. Little places, little things, lots of love and quality time!

16. I'm constantly trying to make my meals look more fun. If it's making sliced apples into a flower or turning pancakes pink, you know it's me who's behind it!

17. I get attached to fictional characters. They all have a place in my heart and I know they are fictional characters but I do appreciate the personalities they possess and fall in love with them. They love, I love. They hurt, I hurt. Kinda twisted but let's just say.... I'm...unique. Hehe.

18. According to my lovely friends, I sound like a muppet and they usually take every opportunity to mock my voice... I feel like some days I sound like a man and some days I sound like I'm a Disney cartoon.

19. I would like to learn how to ride a unicycle. Would somebody like to anonymously mail me one? That'd be very cheeky of you.

20. I'm a huge basketball fan, Allen Iverson and Kevin Durant are my favourite players as of right now. As girly I may seem, there are days and moments where I'm more manlier than my own father.

End time: 12:44 AM

...until tomorrow! x little Mer







No comments:

Post a Comment