Monday, 30 March 2015

Monday, March 30th, 2015.

Now Playing: Bones - Ben Howard

Bonjour. C'est lundi. March is shedding its skin for the arrival of rainy April days. Yes. I'm surprisingly having a fantabulous Monday. I took a 2 day vacation this weekend. I usually continue doing my school work on the weekend but this week I nestled on my velvety couch for the whole two days resting my body. There were some incidents during the week that tore me to shreds and soaked up all the little energy I had left. I may be a day or two behind schedule but I'm frankly okay with it. I needed it. I wasn't looking forward to today, but now that today has come.... it's fantabulous. I woke up at 7 06AM. I fell asleep on the couch. I've been less anxious sleeping on the couch compared to my room because my mom's also there and it's very helpful to have another breathing soul resting by your side. I definitely could hear my mom trying to wake me up while preparing breakfast but of course I was a lazy cat and didn't pay attention. She decided some new methods in waking me up. She usually calls my phone because my ringtone is pretty loud: Diana Ross, I'm Coming Out. She decided to use the blender today and that did the trick. My clever mother, everyone! I had a full hour to calmly get ready. Last night, I was too bummy and thought I should just go to school in what I slept in, which is always a good idea. But I checked the weather before I went upstairs and it's a bit rainy, 4 degrees Celsius, and overcast skies. Perfect. My favourite kind of day. I still kept the slouchy look and wore my favourite orange hat with my outfit which consists of jeans and a t shirt and a cardigan and an olive green jacket. I decided to wear my nude flats today just for a change. I wore light makeup today, and light pink eyeshadow, something I've never tried. I even had time to curl my hair. I come downstairs to homemade breakfast, but today was different. Usually my mom likes to stuff me with Filipino breakfasts but she's getting the hang of my healthier breakfasts that I've introduced to her. I usually make the meals on the weekend and my meals do regulate her blood sugar levels. She said she didn't know how to make the breakfasts I make her, which usually consists of avocados, eggs, multigrain toast, pieces of fruit and a smoothie. But that stuff is much easier than the foods she makes which I found pretty funny. She did a damn well job today. I got to take my time having my delicious breakfast while playing with my niece, Maia. I took a break my hip hop music, I missed my acoustic/indie music oh so much. I changed up my phone music to Ed Sheeran, Passenger, Matt Corby, Hozier, Vance Joy, and Matthew Barber. The first song that played once I left the house was Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. Of course. Perfect right? I felt the cool breeze... a feeling I've missed the past two days. It feels like autumn today and it makes me happy. Bus rides are also my favourite. I love to look out the windows, especially because I live around a variety of areas. There are farms, cemeteries, forests and little neighbourhoods. On the bus I can't stop tapping my foot, my fingers, or bobbing my head. It's an irreplaceable rhythm especially when you're on the bus... everything feels so still. On the next bus I got on, I stared out the window above my head that showed the sky and it was simply cool to see a new perspective of the world and new angles of the everyday things we see. The street wires, the lampposts, birds, traffic lights. I just thought it was damn cool. I was happy because I'm beginning to find everything beautiful once again without forcing it upon myself. I've been too exhausted to see things, and I mean really see things. To have this be the first thing that happens in my day was overwhelming. I started thinking about beauty. I asked... why must there be an image to beauty? In everything, what constitutes beauty? Nothing constitutes it because beauty is in the core of everything. I thought about it some more, and that became philosophical bus ride number 1. I think I may have a series of these philosophical moments.... I should jot them down in my quotation book. Then, I got to school, I'm having a honey lemon cough drop, I'm sitting in my favourite place in the library overlooking a pine tree which is currently dancing with the wind. The light is bouncing all over the place, and I've finally got a French class to attend this morning. All is well right now and it hasn't been like this in a long while, as it seems. This is a big deal. Hope you are all having a beautiful morning as I am.

Love, Mer.

No comments:

Post a Comment