Monday, 6 April 2015

Untitled

I just got back from the thrift store and I was looking at the books for a long time. And there was this man beside me and minding his own business. He literally reminded me of someone from Duck Dynasty. Meanwhile,  I was just thinking of all the books that I bought at the thrift store and I wanted to reread A Million Little Pieces by James Frey again. Then the guy (who my back is towards now) randomly asked me if I read any James Frey novels. I was so fucking startled because I was literally thinking of that. I turned around and I noticed his eyes, and they were literally so god damn blue. Like I said, he reminded me of someone from Duck Dynasty so he was wearing dark clothing and a leather jacket and carrying a few items and then he has these blue puppy dog eyes. I was a little uncomfortable at first just because I always am when I'm meeting someone new. Anyways, he started talking about the novel and was so into James Frey's novels and I put out a comment on my opinion. It was so weird but it was nice at the same time. I kind of felt bad for being so startled because he seems genuinely interested in books. Most of the people that approach me are only interested in things that make me uncomfortable. He asked if I read a lot etc. No creepy questions at all. Then he left to pay for his items and left the store. Then he came back into the store and said, hey I forgot to give you this. Then he handed me his CD. I was so worried that he was going to ruin the moment and say something that would make me all uncomfortable. He said his name was Anthony but he goes by John Boom for his records. He said it was nice meeting me and I said I really liked the album cover. His record description is actually super funny too: "This album is dedicated for those who don't take life for granted, for those who believe attitude is 100 percent and who know that we all walk on the same sidewalk so no one is floating ...yet. Hopefully you can get something meaningful from this album and not just donate it to Value Village, Salvation Army, or Goodwill for me to find later in the years but if I do find it, I will probably buy the damn thing! And whoever donates old cassette tapes, thank you very much. This is the first John Boom & The Jellyfish album of many more to come. A reputable consultant, let's call him Chris, once told me that you must empower the people, so what's more empowering to people than handing out free CDs? Maybe that's not empowerment but it's pretty cool...project free wifi is empowering! I have always loved the blues and recently have been a sponge to hip hop, mostly early to mid nineties east coast New York hip hop and have always wanted to put them together, this is the end result, just like that, Smack!! (Which is his album title). Actually, a smack is a group of jellyfish FYI. It has been a long ride to get to the point of being able to produce my own CD but it's here, I used to record solely on 4 track cassette recorders but have upgraded to using the computer and keeping it professional...etc." Then he talks about his recording stuff. It was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment