Everything that I put into these video diaries means something to me. Sometimes people may not understand why I put certain footage in there and maybe even years from now when I stumble upon these videos I may not understand themselves. So, what it is I really want to do is just explain the beauty I observe and why it's important to me. They are just ideas that happen to pop into my head as I film the moments; beauty I wouldn't want to forget.
Anyways, here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG5mOo17LbQ
It was my first couple days of summer vacation. I loved seeing the brightness on people's faces when they smile and wave, especially my mom. I love it because it's a sudden emotion and at that moment we forget our insecurities for a second and we let the world know the happiness within. All the problems wash away and you just feel the works of a smile rush through your body. The skies were so blue and so wonderful and there were hardly any clouds in the sky. It was surreal. I love passing by open fields and close to blooming trees. Everything feels very refreshing and spacious. We went to Markville Mall that day. It was quite busy but this mall is my favourite because everything is just so open and there are a million windows and it's clean, oh so clean and bright. I tried some new food in the food court. It's always a thing for me to try something new when it's available. I had some Indian butter chicken and chick peas with a mango drink on the side. It was scrumptious. My sister needed to go dress shopping for my other sister's wedding. I love the way people look at themselves in the mirror and don't realize how beautiful they are. I like the way they turn to try to look at their backs and their bum and I realize how we never see how we truly look like. We only see the front side of us most of the time. We cannot fathom the beauty other people see in us and that is such a tragedy.
We reached home and I played with the kids and like I said, I love spontaneously catching the emotions of people in the moment. Children have the best emotions and I love their random reactions and silliness and innocence.
I love the way the sun peaks through my transparent curtains and I love drawing back my curtains for a good read. I love opening a new book and touching the pages for the first time and smelling the crisp paper. I love hearing the spine crack a little.
I love the freshness of a baby. Skin that has not been tattered. The way their toes and their fingers move trying to discover the world. They're incredible little creatures.
I love the feel of cobblestone grounds beneath my feet. There is such beauty in overcast skies swallowing tattered old buildings. Within these buildings hide beautiful cafes, shops, restaurants and galleries and that is what humans are. Casings hiding what truly lies within, waiting for somebody to open the door and explore a little. I love gallivanting with best friends and weathered bricks and genuine smiles and watching people open presents you've given them. You can see the sparkle and excitement in their eye and their breaths and the way they blink right after they've opened it up. I love people watching and seeing people doing their own thing in the world. The way they get to places they need to go or the way they linger around and enjoy, enjoying in the way I try to enjoy. I love the way a candle burns out. And I love hidden art works on buildings, in people, in the atmosphere. I love cafes and a good old board game gone wrong. I love the smell of old record stores and the excitement of finding that record you've been searching all along. I love the spaces in between those very same people looking through the records and flipping through each one. Their minds are racing but the spaces are quiet. "Are you ready to cash out?" "Yes, I definitely am." My favourite lines as I carry my bundles of records. I love the plain, old "every days".
La Mer

No comments:
Post a Comment