Never have I ever put together most of my insecurities in a written format. This is just a little skeleton of words I hope to continue writing and adding to in the future.
I'm sure there isn't one soul in this world that doesn't possess any insecurities. We're all insecure about one thing at least. Me? I'm insecure about everything and anything. So let's just put it out there, yeah? I mean, I have a distinct nose, my teeth are crooked, I'm pretty much half blind and to be honest, one of my eyes... it's lazy sometimes. My skin isn't perfect, I've got scars and scratches and dark patches. I've got short eyelashes that refuse to flutter every time a man walks by. Cause these scars are stars that are constellations that are black holes that suck in information. These scars are stories and histories and childhood memories. My skin is a carcass that protects the divine within. And my eyes? My eyes are fucking boss. I only need one to see the world and I can see beyond what people see. I can see goodness. I can see depth. I can drown you with these eyes, but I can also let you float. Eyes that let you flow, eyes that let you grow, eyes that let you know... that I love you. Sure one of them is lazy sometimes, but I sure as hell am not. My teeth, my crooked teeth are the consequences of a small mouth but that doesn't prevent me from speaking huge words, big words, meaningful fucking words from my pure big ass heart. This heart that can break so easily only because I can love so well. This nose, this damn distinct nose. I can smell the sweetness of grace from miles away. I can smell danger before it happens and potentially save a life. My eyebrows are uneven too but fuck that, at least they're clean alright? And people say we grow hair where it's not supposed to be? Do you think I can control that shit? If it's not supposed to grow there, why is it growing there then? Are you serious right now? If my leg hair grows, it has nothing to do with you. That shit keeps me warm anyways so don't you dare comment on what makes me comfortable. Ha. See that's the beauty. So you know what? I'm not sorry. I'm not sorry that this is what I have to show to the world. I'm sorry that... that's all you see. I may not be the prettiest girl around but damn am I fucking beautiful. But if pretty is all what y'all pay attention to... I don't wanna be. So yes, yes, insecurities... they are weight. They are weight that makes you stronger. They are deadlifts, they are squats, it is poetry, it is music, it is art, it are... whatever the fuck you do that makes you strong. It is resistance. These are my mother's features, my father's features, my grandma's, my grandpa's, my ancestors beyond. So don't you dare pick on mine. Be respectful. You are the perfect temple for a unique love. You. Are. A. Legend.
No comments:
Post a Comment