I’m
currently writing on the bus, just got off from school. I sat my ass down the
entire day writing a 10 page French essay in the library. I decided to release
some of the stress through here. I haven’t had an update post in a while, but
this is a good sign because I’ve been taking care of myself. I usually write
when I need to… which means I usually write when I need to talk to someone but
don’t want to physically talk to someone. I’ve been finishing a bunch of
assignments and trying to do as best I can in school right now since some of
our TAs are on strike. So far only one of my classes are cancelled… but it’s my
best class and getting a credit for this course is crucial for the next two
years of my school year. I’m so focused. I’m so determined. But this makes me
so anxious. Anyways, I’ll mention several events that haven happened thus far
(probably not in chronological order)
· My sister and her fiancé celebrated their
engagement and held a bridal shower at the Distillery District, which is a
quaint little artsy strip. It was held at the gallery and it was spectacular.
The night before, the bridesmaids spent time together to create the sweet
table. My other sister, who’s a chef, catered the event and it was spectacular.
It was cozy and it was so nice to see everyone play a part rather than have an
event planner plan everything. It meant more; it was more. It was perfect. Even
the music was DJ’d by my sister’s best friends and it was on point. I’m back in
the 90s with my music. (I also created a playlist; I’ll leave a link below).
All my childhood memories flooded back as I caught up with my sister’s fiancé’s
family, and her best friend’s families. They were all telling me stories of
when I was younger and it was a rush. It was a beautiful experience.
·
I attended CounterMOSAIC. This was an event held
at my school that my good friend asked me to go to. It was empowering. It was
somewhat of a poetry slam event about resistance, power, feminism, and equity.
Everybody was so down to earth, and inspiring. Rupi Kaur and Cherrell Brown
were performers as well. I had the chance to meet a new friend as well,
Jessica. It is simply a satisfying feeling to be around people who love the
same things as you. I was literally
touched by everyone’s passion that I was inspired to write once again (hence,
my previous post). It was an honour to experience and breathe the same air as
all these empowering people.
·
I had my very own late night study session at
school. I’ve been meaning to have one of those because they seem like an accomplishment.
I think it’s one of the MUST experiences of a university student. So I wrote my
10 page French paper that day on a Saturday night until 11pm. It was
exhilarating. Shout out to all who were there that night …and every
Saturday/Sunday night.
·
Either tomorrow (if I get the opportunity) or
Wednesday… I’ll be taking part in a special random act of kindness. But that’s
a secret I’m not ready to share.
http://8tracks.com/merissagladys/10-veuve Here is the playlist.
x Mer
No comments:
Post a Comment