Welcome, September <3 I'm so glad you're finally here. You're my favourite month... not only because it's my birthday in about 9 days, but because of the following:
You're the start of something new usually a new school year and a new season. It's also another start of another year of life for me. I love school. Honestly. No matter how much I complain about the work, I secretly love it. I love getting involved and meeting new people. This year is pretty big for me. I'm turning 18, which is crazy! I'm afraid of growing older, though, so it's sort of bittersweet. It's inevitable, of course, but it's one of my deepest fears. Some days it's okay, some days I feel uncomfortable about it. Anyways, I'm also halfway through frosh slash orientation (I'll be writing about it tomorrow because it's my first day of school tomorrow as well). September is the start of improvement and events to meet new people and along the way, some of them will, like high school, stick with you for the four years of university.
I feel like September is a refreshing month with perfect weather. Autumn is my favourite season. Scarves and the trees and the leaves, coats and sweaters, cozy boots, blankets and hot cocoa. It's such a heartwarming season that leads up to Thanksgiving which is one of my most favourite holidays! There's so much to be thankful for.
Yesterday I went to Unionville with my parents to spend the last official day of summer. It looks like a long French street where a lot of wedding photographers take the bride and groom for photos. Nothing better than a French looking street with beautiful flowers and beautiful newlyweds. It was such a relaxing day and then I went out to have lunch at a restaurant called Pickle Barrel. They have amazing calamari. I had a chicken hummus wrap and topped the day off with a strawberry cheesecake Sunday. I went back to school shopping! I went to Target and bought myself 5 notebooks that were pretty cute and were only 90 cents! I was looking for a lightweight bag and got this new cheap bag at Walmart for back to school. It was floral and one of those old school looking ones and it was only $24. My mom told me to get things I needed for school so I got it. Meanwhile, as I was shopping, she was at the slot machines around the area for fun with her friends. I got home and as she called me and my dad to come pick her up, I said we'll come get her in half an hour so she could still play for a little bit. When I called her again she told me she won 740 dollars. She has AMAZING luck, I'm telling you. And I felt like a little good luck charm. She said she was going to order some food to celebrate! I stayed home waiting for her and my dad, checking out some books for school. I'm glad that I bargained so much that my 5 books costed about 325 dollars. I need my books as soon as possible because school starts tomorrow and I haven't even started on my assigned readings. So tomorrow is the first day of school for me, and for my nephew. I'll be dropping him off while I take my mom on a university tour and grab my books and I'll take her out for lunch, my treat!
Anyways, I kind of got off track. I was waiting for her to come home and I was already half asleep watching How I Met Your Mother and she woke me up. I went downstairs and saw 3 cases of ribs and chicken, 2 cases of chicken breast quesadillas and a case of seafood linguini. SHE'S CRAZY. The food was delicious... I was bloated. I went to bed afterwards and then she woke me up again when she saw my bag that I bought. I didn't really want an expensive new bag because I have ton, but I needed one that was like a backpack because purses hurt my shoulders when they're heavy, obviously. She was like "Omg, you have to return that bag! Where's the tag!?" and I didn't ask any questions and found the tag for it.. I was half awake so the next morning I didn't even realize that had happened.
I woke up the next morning and I walked into the room with a huge present by the door and she told me to open it. She didn't think I was going to buy a bag because she had for my birthday so she decided to give me an early birthday present instead. I laughed so hard. Not only because I always ruin surprises but because the bags were SO similar except my mom's was from Guess and it was so much better than what I had bargained for and I love her so much for always surprising me on my birthday. She also got me two beautiful infinity scarves, two packs of socks (I told you I loved socks) and a new jean jacket which was also from Guess. She's such a sneaky mom. She always takes me out shopping, but I usually never get anything because it's too expensive for me, so I just comment on how pretty and such this or that is. She knows my taste. I felt kind of horrible because she wanted a jean jacket too but she got one for me instead. The love I have for my family is so indescribable, it makes me giddy!
It's already been two days of September and I'm loving it already. I love that I have work to catch up on. And the weather's great. And my family is great. And I'm back on track with things. And my birthday is coming up (sort of not excited but it's alright). But overall, I am so grateful at this moment in my life, things have never been better. That's all for now, I have this horrible habit of rambling forever and ever but yeah... take care! Good luck to all those starting school or starting something new this September!
<3 Little Mer






No comments:
Post a Comment