OKAY. I know. I KNOW. I'm supposed to be writing about frosh week but I decided to wait because I have so much footage and there's WAAAAY more to come so yeah. Plus I have no time to edit them together. Plus I have a bunch of readings to catch up on. Plus I'm wasting time for reading to write a blog post so yeah. I'm typing as fast as I can while keeping up a conversation with three people on Skype because life has been so crazy and surreal and I can't keep up with it and it scares me sometimes! So anyways instead of orientation, I'll talk about my very first official, not so official, day of university.
I woke up at around 6 30 in the morning. I had no idea how to get to school because I live in a new neighbourhood and the public transit is a little bit hectic. But my mom decided to help me out and without her today, I wouldn't have had the best first day of university ever. It was crazy. The bus that travels through my neighbourhood only comes through our rush hour times which is 6 to 8 in the morning and 4 to 7 in the evening. I left my house at 8, so I was so freaked out I'd miss the bus. I really love getting to plaecs on time. We got there on time and it was such a refreshing experience trying something new with my mom, and especially finally getting my mom out of the house doing something new WITH me.
She's always been one of the "stick to the program" type of gals but I'd love for her to get out there a bit more and I'm glad she spent today with me! It was such a smooth bus ride, so much better than the buses in Toronto and Markham! We met some nice people that helped us, like this old man taking his daughter to the university for the first time all the way from Bowmanville. I love parents/relatives that are willing to do that for their family. It's such a beautiful and heartwarming sight. My mom and I smiled at each other and it was great. I gave my momma a tour of university which meant I actually knew where I was going...or did a good job of pretending to hehehe. I bought books from the book store and they were much cheaper than people normally spend on one book which I'm pretty glad about. I bought myself two hoodies for spirit wear and just had endless talks about everything with my mom in the student center. Funny, I went to school and didn't really need to be there because I had a tutorial which is basically where profs. give you work, but I didn't have any lectures before hand so basically another summer day for me. I was totally in summer mode all over again.
Next, we decided to figure out the route home. It was hectic. We didn't know that the bus in our neighbourhood didn't run before 4 pm...and it was only 10 am. We just went around the mall...pretending to check out sofas but truthfully our asses were tired. We had lunch and has some Bento Box with teriyaki chicken, sushi, salad and yam fries. It was so delicious. I got my monthly pass for the public transit across the library and while we were walking there, we saw that the Farmer's Market was set up! We strolled around and literally sat for hours talking and laughing and just feeling good. There were food trucks, organic snacks and bread, and music it was GREAT. Better than great actually. It was fantastically greaty great great! We got some olive bread and blueberry scones for charity, and Ukranian perogies! I love my mom so much for doing this for me today even though it may not seem as much but I will be writing a post about her in the near future because it's the least I could do. I bought some healthy snacks for school to munch on and I love how my mom just really encourages me and my ideas and what I want to do etc etc... it makes me feel so good about myself. But there's more to that!
We finally got home and munched on some food as we waited for my nephew to come home from school ....with scars on his knees because some mean kid pushed him down during recess. WHY ARE KIDS SO MEAN TO EACH OTHER. Anyways...he was so adorable.
I loved today SO much. Thank you to all who made it such an amazing day x!
<3 Little Mer



Sounds like you had an awesome first-ish day at school! So lucky that you didn't really even have classes.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine having to take the transit to school, so luckily I live right near by. What program are you taking?! And that definitely looked like the Durham college bridge over the highway, was it!?
I did have an amazing day! Starting next week it'll be hectic!! It's actually not that bad of a travel as I thought! Time goes by fast! And I'm in Social Sciences, Health Policy haha! And yes it is the bridge!!! (Wow, I used a lot of exclamation marks)
Delete