So I just started university as I mentioned in the past million posts... and it's such a different experience from high school. I love both for different reasons. In high school you constantly see a tight knit group of friends and have classes with most of them, amazing lunch gatherings and having a lunch exchange with everyone. Everything happens at lunch, all the events so you don't miss anything. It's like family. I'm not saying university can't be family but it's a damn huge one. One thing I hate in high school are the stuck up people who literally seem to claim they created the universe.... Horrifying how clueless and idiotic some people may act when they really have no authority whatsoever. With university there's a wide variety of cultures which can influence you in a positive or negative way, but I guess it's how you choose who you really are. People are mature... at least more mature than high school. There's more freedom, better food (I guess if you're into fast food), new new new people, lots and lots and lots of new people, older people, bigger rooms, harsher teachers, scarier teachers, late nights, early mornings, but with all this craziness happening, it makes you tougher and better once you take another step into the world. As I got home, I finally got my laptop charger and I haven't used this laptop since halfway of high school, and I saw all my photos and started reminiscing so I decided to put some photos up and write some tips/favourite memories and experiences from high school that can probably be related to university.
1. Be nice. Seriously. Be nice. Don't let people take advantage of you though. Make yourself known for being kind but not in the "Okay, she'll totally do my work for me". That was me. I literally did people's work because I had nothing better to do. But still... alongside being nice you can be everybody's acquaintance but keep a few near and dear to your heart.
2. Don't trust anybody. Please, save the tears and questions on "Who told you that?" because everybody's a blabber mouth. Better to be safe than sorry.
3. Don't leave bananas or fruits in your locker over the breaks. Bananas will turn into a lump of coal and apples, pears etc will create a nest of bugs in your locker. Don't forget to clean out your locker before breaks. Seriously.
4. Don't treat teachers like garbage. It's a waste of both yours and their time. They're human beings. Not saying I treated teachers like garbage... but I've seen a bunch of people use that as their reputation. End of the day, you're really stupid, pathetic, and desperate.
5. Don't buy food everyday. My high school was beside this small town mall which was basically 90% food stations and they had this one place that sold this heavenly jerk poutine and it was tempting. But seriously...save money once a week for university or college or something better than a temporary poutine. Little goes a long way and you're gonna need every penny. But I'm not saying never to buy it, just don't go crazy, dude.
6. PEE OR POOP BEFORE YOU GO TO SCHOOL. I hate how people claim to be so hygienic but behind the scenes there's poop on the floor, toilet paper everywhere, hair in the sink, they miss the toilet... (girls, how do you miss the toilet when you're sitting down?) I don't know why, but my high school bathrooms were so humid and I have horrible gag reflexes so I'd never go to the bathroom there until I had an emergency. Unless you have a hot spot in the school where barely anybody goes and they're fairly clean then by all means, pee all day if you'd like.
7. Don't wear your heart on your sleeve. I know high school crushes and first loves may not seem like a big deal to other people but heart break is heart break and it all hurts the same. Don't start to be afraid of people at such an early stage in life. Don't make high school relationships your top priority because sure, if you have an awesome relationship but it's screwing your marks up, that's not going make a living in the future is it? I'm super duper guilty of this one and trust me, I'm still suffering the consequences. Boo hoo.
8. Get involved. At least in one thing. You want to remember high school and getting involved is the best way. I mean, if all you do is go to school and go home there's not much worth remembering about. Sports, lunch events, social events, clubs, raising awareness, start one of your own. Better to be remembered as a fool than not be remembered at all. Plus it never hurts to try something new. You find out you like it, great...if you don't like it, at least you found out you don't like it...right?
9. Keep all your notes. Your interests in the future may change and you may need these to excel in what you really want to do. Explore your options while you can. Don't let people force you to do what you don't want to do or something that doesn't make you feel happy or good about yourself where you're constantly shoved you're not good enough. Do something you love. I know, cliche, but it wouldn't be one if it wasn't true. You never work a day in your life if you do something you love. Promise.
10. RISK IS NECESSARY.
<3 Little Mer
No comments:
Post a Comment