1. One thing I am giving up for Lent is negativity. I created this negativity jar. Basically with every negative thought towards myself, I will write it down on a piece of paper and drop it in one jar along with a dollar. In the next jar, I'd put it some motivation that will help me relieve myself from that negative thought. It looks like this.
I've had some trouble staying positive lately because of so much that has been happening lately. After I collected the money from this, I will donate it to charity. Sadness can be an addiction and lately I have felt it, but I have the power to change this, so there's that idea. (Right now there's...7 dollars, yikes.)
2. I am giving up my potty mouth. I have been attempting to do this so many times. That I have self control and that I can release my anger in better ways and I kept losing the purpose of that thought. So here I am trying to do it again, except turning it up a notch. I can't use "holy (curse word)" here, or swear at all or use God's name in vain. It's a bad habit, and it's unnecessary, so there's that idea.
3. NO MORE SHOPPING. I am living off of my darn school funds so the last thing I should be doing is shopping. Not even coffee, not even tea, or a donut or anything. And I'm always at the mall everyday since I have to walk through it to get to my bus stop. But I'll take an extra walk to the library instead and walk around the mall to my bus stop. Sounds good. Time to appreciate things I already have to my full extent.
4. Try to read some Scriptures every night. I have my own Bible and I've never took any time to really focus on it. Starting tonight. That's what I'm going to do. I'll write notes of my thoughts, and interpretations and how I can relate it to my life. I'll flip open a random page and the rest is up to me. Sounds good.
5. No binge-eating or binge-watching. Time to take care of myself even more, even on the weekends. I eat particularly fine but there are days where I don't eat at all and days where I eat everything in my pathway. Same goes for watching my television shows and movies. I'm only going to watch movies on day of the week, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. And only 1 show per day. But reading, reading is a must. Everyday, at least half an hour. So usually on my bus ride home.
Okay? Okay... that is all. Enjoy this Easter Season everyone!
<3 Little Mer
PS I painted this little thing this past week, just wanted to share with you all.


No comments:
Post a Comment